The Community Fund of Darien’s Student Groups
We offer opportunities for middle and high school students to get involved in local community service, philanthropy, community-building, and public health initiatives.
Youth Community Fund
The Youth Community Fund (YCF) brings together high school students to learn the value of philanthropy through volunteering and grant-making activities with local nonprofit organizations. To read a more detailed description of the YCF, please click here.
Youth Asset Team
The Youth Asset Team is a student-run branch of The Community Fund of Darien. Our mission is to address substance abuse and mental health by encouraging healthy choices and through community events targeting teens and adults in Darien.
The Youth Asset team meets bi-weekly to assist the efforts of the Thriving Youth Task Force, including:
- Planning and advertising prevention-related speakers and events
- Planning alcohol-alternative events for their peers
- Providing the teen perspective at Thriving Youth Task Force meetings
- Mentoring Youth Give Back (Middle School) Students
To register for the Youth Asset Team for the 2019-2020 school year, please use the link below.
Youth Give Back
The Community Fund of Darien’s Thriving Youth Initiative offers a bi-weekly asset-building program for 7th and 8th grade students.
Youth Give Back team members will:
- Participate in local community service activities
- Learn how to build assets in their daily lives
- Lead asset-building and prevention initiatives at Middlesex Middle School
- Build relationships with High School Youth Asset Team mentor
Youth Give Back students cooked and served meals at local homeless shelters, visited with Seniors at Atria, painted a mural at Building One Community, read to children at Children’s Learning Centers and worked on the grounds at the Darien Nature Center. On May 31st, 2019 we will hold an info session in the MMS cafeteria to introduce rising 7th and 8th graders to this group. Applications will be distributed at this session and will be due on June 13th. If you would like to learn more about Youth Give Back, please email Emily Larkin at the Community Fund of Darien using the link below.